FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What is being proposed at Club Banora?
Club Banora is seeking development approval to redevelop part of the Club’s site as a new retail centre, with supermarket, medical centre and allied health services.
The development proposal is part of Club Banora’s broader masterplan for the site that will include:
- New, lakeside outdoor dining, recreation lawn, playground and outdoor LED screen.
- A new bowling green and two new tennis courts.
- A location for a potential new public swimming pool.
- A new childcare centre on the upper level of the Club building for 94 children, with childcare rooms connecting to a covered outdoor play area.
- Expanded car parking on the Leisure Drive side of the site.
- Landscaping for improved green space and enhanced shade cover.
- Potential future Over 50s Living.
- Why is Club Banora building a childcare centre?
The Tweed and Banora area has a growing population and is a popular choice for families, increasing demand for childcare.
The new childcare centre will be run by a licenced operator, and while within the Club building, it will have no connection to general members areas. The Club is an existing partner of the childcare provider with a successful facility operating in Tweed Heads.
- Does the masterplan include a new public swimming pool?
The masterplan provides a location for a potential pool. While a swimming pool is not included in the proposed works, Club Banora is seeking Government funding to provide this service to the local community.
- Is Seniors / Over 50s Living still included in the plans?
While not currently specified in the masterplan design, Club Banora is still interested in potential future opportunities to provide Seniors Living.
- How will traffic be managed?
A traffic management plan has been prepared as part of the Development Application. The traffic plan aims to ensure strong, safe pedestrian access to the Club and retail precincts, with two signalised entries to and from the Club and retail onto Leisure Drive.
Twin Towns will contribute to a Council upgrade of the roundabout at the intersection of Leisure and Greenway Drives.
- When will the redevelopment be delivered?
The first stage of the masterplan redevelopment will be the childcare centre, anticipated to open early 2025 pending development approval. A Development Application is currently under consideration with Tweed Shire Council.
The retail centre, including new supermarket, medical centre and allied health services are expected to open in late 2026, pending development approval. Other Club facility upgrades will be delivered in parallel with these works.